Join in our Virtual Candlelight evening on Sat 13th February, from Hogs Heaven at 8pm.
Be part of this amazing night by purchasing a raffle ticket
Donate Here 🔽
Watch the show on YouTube (Link will be live at 8PM)🔽
Live streaming on Facebook from 8PM🔽
Western Care Association www.facebook.com/westerncareassociation/
Around the Globe in 80 Days
Western Care Association are going to travel around the globe virtually to raise funds to enhance services throughout the county, we NEED your help to complete this challenge.
We are looking for 150 volunteers to walk, jog or run virtually around the globe in aid of Western Care Association, starting from 12th of January to 2nd April 2021. That’s 40,075 km in 80 Days and which is 500km a day, this is a mammoth challenge, people can talk about it for years after, but we need your help. Our aim is to raise a euro for every km our teams of volunteers complete, 40,075km = €40,075.
Contact the fundraising department to find out how you can be involved in something big and help Western Care Association travel around the world virtually by contacting Michael at email@example.com.
- Health & Fitness
- Improved Mental health
- Fun & easy way to fundraise
- Team Building & competition
- Social Interaction
- Supporting your own local charity
Fundraising & Development Department
After more than 50 years, Western Care Association’s Annual Door To Door Collection is now going online for the month of September.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the challenges it has presented to us, our organisation must protect our valuable and dedicated volunteers who have supported Western Care over many years. However, when one door closes another door opens and we now have the opportunity to reach out even further. Not only to our longstanding donors who have kept this campaign alive, but to all the doors that were never knocked upon before in our own local communities. We are delighted that we can now share this opportunity with you, the Mayo diaspora all over the world, who can support their Mayo Charity with the click of a button!
Your support would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Donating to Western Care Association:
Once Off or Regular Donations can be made by any of the following online options:
- Once off donations can be made safely and securely through iDonate by clicking here.
- Regular/Monthly donations can be set up safely and securely through iDonate by clicking here you decide on the regular/monthly amount and the duration of the donations.
Regarding all donations, please remember, you can nominate a specific centre, group home, service, to benefit from the proceeds. You may also qualify for Tax Relief.
Why not include a legacy or bequest to Western Care Association in your will? The bequest can be for a specific amount of money, a specific asset, a percent of the estate or the residuary estate and can be allocated to a specific Western Care Association service or Group Home. Please contact your solicitor or the Fundraising department for further details.
Commitment to Standards in Fundraising Practice
Western Care Association is fully committed to achieving the standards contained in the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising, which have been developed by the Irish Charities Tax Research Ltd (ICTR). We have formally discussed and adopted the statement at a meeting of our Board of Directors.
The statement exists to:
- Improve fundraising practice.
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public.
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
Western Care Association have considered the statement, and believe that we meet the standards it sets out.
Western Care Association’s report on our fundraising activities is available in our most recent Annual Report.
Western Care Association welcome feedback from the public on our performance in relation to our fundraising practice, as set out in our Feedback & Complaints statement.
For more information about ICTR’s Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising, see the Fundraising Principles section of the ICTR website, www.ictr.ie/content/fundraising-codes-practice.
Director of Finance & Corporate Services,
Western Care Association,
John Moore Road,
Our offices are open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
As a charity seeking donations from the public, Western Care Association is committed to and aims to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising. Our pledge is to treat all of our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Western Care Association. We commit that you under our Donor Charter will:
- Beprovided with access to our most recent audited financial statements.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality.
- Be assured that donations will be acknowledged in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Be assured that donations will be used for the purposes for which they were given, and in the best interests of
those to whom we provide supports and services.
- Be informed of the identity of those sitting on Western Care Association’s Board of Directors, and that those Directors will exercise prudent judgement in their responsibilities.
- Be provided with easy access to our procedure for giving feedback and making complaints in relation to
donations and fundraising activities.
Feedback & Complaints in relation to Donations and Fundraising activities
Western Care Association is very grateful to the public and those that support us, financially and otherwise. We are committed to achieving the highest standards in fundraising practice, and we will listen and respond to the views of the public, members of the organisation and staff, and our supporters, so that we can continue to improve our practice. Western Care Association welcomes both positive and negative feedback in relation to our fundraising activities.
In relation to feedback and complaints, we aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to give feedback or make a complaint.
- We treat all complaints seriously.
- We attend to feedback and complaints in a responsive and speedy manner.
- We will respond with clear explanation, and any appropriate necessary action to deal with issues raised.
You can give feedback or make a complaint by:
- By writing to Director of Finance & Corporate Services, Western Care Association, John Moore
Road, Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone to our offices at +353 (0)949025133
In general, any person with an issue or concern around fundraising or donations should discuss this with the person they are dealing with in the organisation in the first instance. Most issues can be resolved informally in this way.
Where it is not possible or appropriate to deal with your issue in this way, you should set out your complaint, and refer it to the Director of Finance & Corporate Services, contact details above. The issue raised will be discussed with the relevant person dealing with this within Western Care Association, and following this a response will issue to you. This should be done within seven days in normal circumstances, and if further time is required to gather information to deal with the matter, this will be communicated to you.
If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive, and feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can refer your complaint to Marian Murphy, Training & Development Manager, Western Care Association, John Moore Road, Castlebar, Co Mayo, email@example.com, who will investigate your complaint fully and endeavour to resolve it. This process should normally be completed within 10 days.
Western Care Association is open about whether those seeking donations on our behalf are volunteers or employees of Western Care Association. We do not use third party agents to fundraise on our behalf.
Anyone fundraising on behalf of Western Care Association must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. whether they are volunteers or employees of Western Care Association