Western Care provides a variety of community-based services and supports to people with learning disability across Co. Mayo.
- For children, we provide an array of services including early childhood, respite and residential supports.
- For adults, we provide day, respite and residential services.
- We also supply support services including psychology, speech and language therapy, social work, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and supported employment.
- There is a wide variety of employment opportunities in the Association, from working in the services as frontline staff, to working in support services, such as administration, transport, or maintenance.
- We also employ staff from various disciplines, such as social work, psychology, speech & language therapy, physiotherapy, and occupational therapy.
- Staff are employed from a wide range of backgrounds and professions, including social care studies, nursing, teaching, social work, psychology, etc.
- We also have opportunities for people who have no professional qualification, but who wish to work in the learning disability services, particularly at the care assistant grade.
- If you are interested in working with us, please forward a letter of application and an up-to-date CV to our HR department.
Western Care Association values and appreciates the voluntary contribution given by individuals throughout the county of Mayo. Volunteers often help out with the following activities:
|Door to Door
4. What fundraising events does Western Care undertake?
The following fundraising events/projects are organised to raise funds on behalf of Western Care Association:
- Annual Development Draw
- Annual Door to Door Collection (month of May each year)
- Balla 10Km
- Christmas Cards
- Women’s Mini Marathon, Dublin (June Bank Holiday each year)
- Fashion Shows
- Fundraising Balls
- Golf Classics (Westport, Ballina, Enniscrone)
- Sponsored Climbs/Cycles/Road Races
- Table Quizzes
- Other once-off events