Volunteer Opportunities in Western Care Association
Western Care Association exists to empower people with a wide range of learning and associated disabilities in County Mayo, to live full and satisfied lives as equal citizens. We achieve this through the provision of a comprehensive range of innovative services and supports.
Western Care Association wishes to further facilitate community integration and inclusion of people with learning disabilities, by promoting and developing voluntary involvement.
This creates opportunities to build relationships, develop social roles and to participate fully as citizens in their local community.
What Type of Volunteer Opportunities are there?
Western Care invite volunteers in a whole range of different things. Depending on what you like and do, and how much time you have to give, there is usually something for everyone. Volunteers are matched to roles based on their interests, availability and what opportunities exist. This could include:
- Matching people’s hobbies and interests together to form a basis for friendships to develop.
- Encouraging volunteers to use their skills to teach someone something new.
- Setting up/getting involved in local activities, to include people socially in their own communities.
- Inclusion in existing clubs and societies, e.g. local drama groups, art groups, choir, neighbourhood watch, card playing, etc.
- Organise events, e.g. Summer/Christmas Party, Days Out, etc.
- Corporate Volunteers: this is where companies get involved with either project work or can pledge volunteer hours from their staff team.
- We also advertise Volunteer Opportunities with the Mayo Volunteer Centre volunteermayo.ie
How do I get involved?
You can contact the Community Inclusion Coordinator, Noreen McGarry, or your local Western Care Service for information and an Application Pack.
Volunteer Placements are subject to:
- Garda Vetting and Overseas Police Clearance (where applicable)
- 3 written references
- Completion of the Children’s First Online Training
Please Return All Documents to:
Community Inclusion Coordinator,
Western Care Association,
John Moore Road, Castlebar,
Tel: 094 90 29193 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org